Friday 9 October 2015

Updating and assessment!


Every three years those of us who work with chain-saws have to do a refresher course followed by an assessment and it was my turn this year. So, I spent two days last week in the South Lakes working with our senior forester Martin Thwaites. Over the course of three years there are always changes to good practice that have to be learned and also we might have developed some bad habits without realising it. Martin can spot these and iron them out during the course. I always learn a lot from him and this year was no exception.




Another day was spent with a new volunteer for my team. Mick is someone I’ve known for a number of years now from my time on the Mountain Rescue Team. He is going to be a huge asset to my team of volunteers. His first task will be helping with a survey of the outdoors furniture – the gates, bridges & stiles etc. So I have been out with him looking at examples, discussing what I’m looking for and making sure that he has a good handle on how to report back his findings.


Daisy here,



I’ve been playing with Gus and Bryn on Derwent Island while Roy was chain-sawing. They’re my best friends now.

No comments:

Post a Comment