Friday 2 October 2015

Running repairs.



This is the time of year when we are out and about as often as possible fixing things. Last week my regular volunteers joined me to fix a gate on the path around Derwentwater. This is a massively popular walk around the lake. This particular gate is on the stretch from Friars Crag to Strandshag Bay and must be one of the most used gates in the Lake District. On some days thousands, of people will use it so it’s not surprising that it needs regular maintenance.



We also did some maintenance on a stretch of the lake shore. This was a timely intervention to stop a relatively small erosion problem before it becomes more difficult to deal with. Great work from the volunteers again.



Then, as I still had some holiday time outstanding, I took a few days of that during the glorious weather we are having. I had some superb walking in the Lake District. I know the area well and, of course, know Borrowdale especially well. We have lots of places that have become incredibly popular because they are so stunning but there are still many hidden gems to find and explore.



Daisy here, 



I’ve been running round the fells with Roy. It’s great.

No comments:

Post a Comment