Thursday 2 October 2014

If you go down to the woods ...



If you go into Cockshot Wood on the play trail now, you’ll find a new surprise.  I’ve been working with my regular volunteers to begin the installation of a fairy ring of wooden mushrooms. These will soon be joined by some wooden thrones. I made them using local wood and a chainsaw. 




The idea is to tempt people further away from the lake shore and deeper into the wood to play and enjoy themselves.  Try to make a quiet time when you are in there and who knows what you might see or hear.







I’ve also had another trip over to Derwent Island last week for more of the ongoing planning of the project to change from oil to gas heating for the house.  We have done quite a lot of planning for this so far and we’re now into the final details before work can begin.  Soon we will have to have some training sessions for the contractors who will have to use the boat to get themselves and their equipment over to the island.  That’s not a bad way to commute to work each morning!




Daisy here:  I’ve been to Derwent Island to visit my friends Gus and Bryn.  They are brilliant. They’re a little bit younger than me but bigger.  But I’m faster than they are.   Gus has just had an operation on his front legs so I hope he gets better soon. 



Have a look at me with my special rescue team jacket on.


No comments:

Post a Comment