Friday 13 September 2013

A variety week.

It’s been one of those weeks where each day has brought something different.  My volunteers and I managed to spend some time at the amphitheatre beside the Trust shop and did some more work on the footpath alongside the oak rail fencing. The area is looking very good now and it is a superb vantage point for having a picnic, enjoying the views and taking photographs.  



Another project that is moving forward is at Force Crag mine.  Contractors will begin next week to do a huge amount of work on the scheme for de-watering and pollution control.  So, with Joe and my volunteers I spent some time making sure that the track along to the mine is accessible for the contractors. 


Then I had to pop down to Sizergh (a Trust property near Kendal) to collect a lawn mower because the one on Derwent Island was broken and I needed to cut the grass there.  I’ve discovered that it isn’t as easy to cut grass in straight lines as I thought!






We are also in the final stages of our preparations for the Tour of Britain cycle race that comes through Borrowdale on Monday September 16th.  We are expecting huge numbers of people in the valley to observe that.  I’m hoping for good weather and the opportunity to take photographs for the blog.

Hi, It’s Daisy here.

I helped Roy look after a 24 Peaks Challenge Group last weekend.  I only worked the second day.  We walked from Grizedale Tarn all the way through the Helvellyn Range to Great Dodd and down.  It was miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment