Saturday 10 August 2013

Derwentwater Regatta


This last weekend we had the Derwentwater Regatta.  This was a Trust organised event based at Crow Park with lots of partners working with us.  There was a fun fair on the field and there were many free activities e.g. making Viking shields, building a coracle or slack-wire walking. There were also extra ones 
like sailing and canoeing where participants paid for sessions.



You will see from the pictures that many people entered into the full spirit of the day and wore costumes. We even had a pirate ship. 























People took to the water in a variety of vessels including bath-tubs and the coracles made on the day.


  
My volunteers (with a bit of help from me!) built a replica Viking long-boat which was then decorated with round, decorated shields made by children.  The finale of the day was the successful burning of the long-boat. 



Everybody I spoke to on the field was having a great time.  All the partner providers thought it was worthwhile and were also enjoying it.  So it was a great day and a win-win all round event.

Daisy here.  



Roy doesn’t like me anymore. I rolled in dead.   I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to.  I got washed with a hosepipe twice. Then I got put in the lake for a swim but I didn’t mind that.  Somebody said to me that next time he’s going to use tomato sauce on me.  That might be quite nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment