Saturday 20 July 2013

A tail ends this tale!

I mentioned in an earlier post that we had sawn up an old tree that had washed ashore by the lake.  The logs were taken back to my house and I am slowly working on them in the evenings with a chainsaw and chisels.  It will take some time and patience but eventually we will have some more seating for the amphitheatre beside the Trust shop.  The pictures will give you some idea of what I hope to achieve.





















And, just to prove that I do sometimes follow my own advice and look down when I am out and about, I’ll post the following pictures!

Common spotted orchid


Wild Thyme: The scent of hot summer days.
Sundew

Butterwort

Sundew and Butterwort are amongst the few insectivorous plants growing in the UK.  They tend to grow in nutrient poor soils and trap insects to make up the deficiency.

 For some time now I’ve also been doing some renovation work on our house in town.   Most recently, I’ve been doing some painting.  Daisy was with me and, in her usual fashion, had to be closely involved whenever she saw a chance!  She did manage to pick up some paint stripes on her coat! 

Head, back, hip and tail stripes!

Daisy here.
Painting and decorating?   It’s boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment