Tuesday 26 February 2013

A first for Daisy.




















This week I’ve been working high on Seatoller fell above the wad mines.  Joe (colleague ranger), a volunteer and I have started work on replacing a ladder stile. 


The weather was good so it was also an opportunity for Daisy to have her first outing on the high fells.  She is still too young to do a long walk so I did carry her for most of the way up the hill.  But, once there, she loved running about in the sunshine exploring.

I'll try anything once...

... but I liked the chew better ...


... and there was even a packed lunch!
We were working with some hefty pieces of timber that had previously been taken up the fell by volunteers.  The weather stayed fine and dry all day and we made good progress.  Joe and the volunteer will return to complete it - more examples of the huge contributions made by volunteers to what we do.


Later in the week we had been working in Watendlath so we were able to light a fire in the stove in the camping barn (bothy) to welcome the first group to use it.  It was looking superb when we left it so we hope they had a brilliant weekend.



It won’t be too long before I am back in Watendlath working with Borrowdale School’s pupils.  We might be nurturing the next generation of orchard experts!
                                             
Hi, Daisy here.  
He carried me!  What's that all about?  The indignity!!  I think sheep POO is great!  Roy doesn't seem to think so.



No comments:

Post a Comment